Sunday, September 21, 2008

Invest in the Quest!!!



Yesterday I went to the BYU football game. The last time I went to a BYU game I was probably like 7. So it has been a while. The night before the game my softball team got together and made these shirts. As you all know, the football teams theme for this year is "The Quest." We went to a fireside for all the athletes last sunday where the football team explained the theme wasn't just about the Quest to win but the Quest of perfecting ourselves and becoming more and more like Christ (it was an amazing fireside... all the football players sang Armies of Helamen. It was pretty neat.) So we decided to make the shirts spell out "Invest in the Quest." It took us forever to make the shirts! Seriously like hours but it was fun. We had music going and all of us were painting.... Yeah it was a party.
Then, the next day we had an Athlete party thing before the game. They fed us all and then gave us tickets for the game. It was kinda fun and the food was great, like always. Then we all went to the stadium. We were on the field while the boys were warming up and then we were the "tunnel" when they came back out on the field. We also had front row seats while the team did the Haka. The faces they make were so funny! I was laughing out loud! Isn't it supposed to be intimidating?...
It was way fun tho. The game got really hot and I wanted to leave after we scored the first two touch downs but it was still way fun! BYU fans are crazy! and the whole time I kept thinkin... I can't believe my uncles, Doug and Kurt, are like these crazy fans ha ha (Just kidding Guys). GO BYU FOOTBALL!!!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

So fun! I am jealous -- good 'ole days! And of course -- you got the "V"!

Jill said...

You got the "V"!!! That sounds like it was fun! If you gotta go, go all out right? I do have a question though Mands, are you "fully invested?"

Natalie said...

Sounds like fun! I bet soon you are going to be a crazy fan too. J/K!! I wish I could have seen you play this last weekend.