Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Wyatt!!!!!

Today is my little cousin Wyatt's first birthday. He was born a year ago today and then five and a half months later he passed away when a virus attacked his little heart. He holds a special place in everyone in our families heart! We all learned so much from him and think of him often. I have my favorite picture of him by my bed. Every morning when I wake up I see it and it helps me remember how grateful I am that I know that families are forever. I am so lucky to have the gospel in my life. Wyatt wasn't on earth with us very long. But how grateful I am for him.

this is the picture by my bed...







Today we are letting blue balloons go in memory of Wyatt. Nat, Addie and Jakey let some go earlier this morning before they went back up to Idaho. My mom told me that when they were letting them go, Jakey was playing with the balloon and loving it. Addie let hers go and then went over to Jakey and said, "Jakey you need to let go of your balloon so it can go up to Wyatt and he can play with it." I thought that was so cute! Even though Addie is little, Wyatt still touched her life like he did the rest of us. She talks about him and says how cute he is when she sees pictures of him.

This week I have seen butterflies at practice almost every day. Everytime I see a butterfly I think about Wyatt (as I am sure most of our family does). I always get a smile on my face whenever I see one. To me, Wyatt will always be an example and a reminder of Christ and how I need to live. I am so lucky to have the family I have! I am so thankful for Wyatt! I love and miss him. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT!!!









Me and Wyatt

5 comments:

Jill said...

Good post Mands! Love the pictures! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT!!!

Debbie said...

Hey Amanda, It's Kristin's mom. I was lurking on you blog which I do on occasion and I just wanted to let tell you i loved your Wyatt post. I remember when that happened last year my heart just ached for you and your family. I don't know if Kristin ever told you about her cousin that we lost at the age 3. He had cancer but was such a trooper. I spent sometime with he and his mom at Primary Childrens hospital and even through Chemo and all he was such a happy little guy. He just thought everyone one threw up all the time and had a bag attached to feed them. I am so grateful for that time because he taught me that no matter what is going on in your life you can be happy.
I too am grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. Bracken and Wyatt were so valiant in Heaven that they only had to come to earth for a short time. How blessed our families are to have been chosen to be the ones they came down to.
You are awesome. Thanks for being a great friend to Kristin.

Adrienne said...

You make my heart melt.

And I miss you.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much Mands for remembering our little boy. I will never forget you were one of the first people to hold him. He loved you Amanda! Thank you for supporting us and loving us through this.
Love ya lots!

Natalie said...

Amen Sista!! You are such a good girl and we miss you a lot! Love you!!